First things first…
If your name is Megan, you live in So. California, and we just saw you a few weeks ago, you need to step away from this blog post. Be a good girl and wait for your surprise…it should arrive on Valentine’s day. Go now please, so we can talk about this Valentine’s Candy Bouquet Craft Project (DIY).
Hee hee. Is she gone? I think she is gone…we can chat now….
The Megan I referred to above is one of my sons BFF’s. She lives in California, so my son only gets to see her a few times a year. My son wanted to give Megan (or the “Megster” as I call her) a fun Valentine’s gift, so I suggested a candy bouquet. I helped put it together, but the project was so easy, my son was able to do most of the work himself. I liked how well it turned out, so I’m making a few more for some local friends.
- 1 Large Mug (Valentine’s themed)
- 1 Teddy Bear (The sock monkey came with the mug)
- 1 Small round sterofoam ball
- 3-6 Large candy bars or candy sticks
- 3-6 Cake Pop sticks (or lollipop sticks)
- Scotch Tape or Glue Gun and Glue Stick
- Satin Ribbon
- Curling ribbon
Remove the teddy bear (if it came with the mug). Place the small sterofoam ball inside the cup.
Tape or glue the cake pop sticks to the back of each candy bar, reserving about 3 inches of stick at the end of the bar.
Push the candy bar sticks into the sterofoam ball, positioning to allow each of the candy bars to form a “bouquet”. Set the teddy bear inside the bouquet, positioning it around the candy bars. Tie the mug with a large ribbon, and add twirl the curling ribbon around the candy bars to decorate.
Latest posts by Julie Cohn (see all)
- Cranberry Apple Cider Mimosas - 11/23/2015
- Au Gratin Brussels Sprouts - 11/20/2015
- Smirnoff Ice Raspberry Peach Bellini Float - 11/20/2015
- Ultimate Thanksgiving Cooking Hacks (With A Printable Check List) - 11/19/2015