I always keep plenty of drinks on hand our annual Halloween party-sherbet punch, root beer, and apple cider for the kids, and a few “adult-friendly” beverages for the parents. The Poisoned Apple cocktail is a crowd favorite–apple juice blended with orange and vanilla rum. I named the cocktail “The Poisoned Apple”, which is quite appropriate…as one of my guests confessed…”the cocktail was so delicious, it was dangerous!” I have to agree–the cocktail is wickedly exquisite, refreshing and smooth.
Mix up a batch of Poisoned Apple cocktail for your next Halloween party, but be careful that you don’t take too big a “bite” of this poisoned apple!
- 1 (64 oz) container of Apple Juice (Don’t use apple cider, you want it to be clear, not clouded)
- 1 c. (16 oz) Orange Flavored Rum
- 1 c. Vanilla Flavored Rum
- 3 Tbsp. Pomegranate Juice
- 2-3 Packages of Pop Rocks Candy
- 2-3 Wedges of Lemon
Fill a large pitcher with ice. Mix the apple juice, orange rum, and vanilla rum together in the pitcher. Open the Pop Rocks package and pour onto a small plate. Wipe the rim of each cocktail glass with the lemon wedge, then dip into the plate of Pop Rocks, to coat the rim. Carefully pour some of the cocktail into each glass and serve immediately. For an eery look, throw a chunk of dry ice in the pitcher, and watch it mist up (make sure you use an insulated pitcher if using dry ice).
Latest posts by Julie Cohn (see all)
- Our First Visit to Disneyland in 2002 #60Daysto60Years - 07/03/2015
- Talenti Gelato Summer Flavors - 07/02/2015
- Strawberry Blueberry Clafoutis - 07/01/2015
- Find Anything With The Tile App - 06/24/2015