As if you don’t already know…I wear my heart on my sleeve. If I love someone, I love them with all my heart, and shout their praises from the mountain tops. These are six bloggers I love. I think you know by now that when it comes to doling out praise for my fellow bloggers, I am picky about who I recommend to you. I look for intelligent, insightful writing…something I know you don’t get here (snort)! I look for bloggers who have something worthwhile to say…people I come away from reading, whom I’ve learned something new from. They are fresh, relevant, brilliant. I also look for funny. If they make me laugh, again and again, I am guessing they will make you laugh too. I look for those I can easily identify with…people whom, if I met in person, would be my soul sisters. Finally, I look to those I aspire to be like someday, who show me that the things that I dream for my own blog, can someday be a reality, because with really hard work, it’s happened for them. With that in mind, I hope you will indulge me in my choices for “must follow” blogs of 2013, by stopping by their blogs to say hi. Be sure to let them know Julie sent you.
1. Horrible Housewife: Life can be so serious sometimes. I think we all need a place where we can go and feel secure in knowing that we are going to pee our pants every time we go there, don’t you? Mallery of Horrible Housewife, belongs on SNL, or her own network comedy show, but instead she brings her funny to the masses, via Horrible Housewife. Everything Mallery talks about on Horrible Housewife: whether its wine to drink, her toddlers latest sayings, or her husband’s drunk friends, is done with an incredible sense of humor. Grab yourself a box of Depends and head over to Horrible Housewife. By the way, don’t tell her I said this, but she is absolutely adorable…even if she does like purple.
2. As the Bunny Hops: Amy, the author of As The Bunny Hops, is one of the nicest people I’ve ever not met (yet). She is funny, poignant, and a damn good writer. Her blog has great recipe and cooking ideas, awesome crafts, and wonderful family life stories. Amy is also co-singer with me in our virtual rock band, The So Fabs. Our first (and only) concert will be at the SoFab Conference in Arkansas this spring. Rock on Amy!
3. This Talk Ain’t Cheap: I have been a long time follower of Carolyn and her blog, and she is a sweetheart. She writes thoughtful posts about her family, life in Los Angeles, recipes and decorating ideas (she’s an interior decorator), and she has an awesome book club. Right now she’s planning her daughter’s bat mitzvah, trying to keep her sanity, and reminding us that hula hops are not just for the young.
4. Tonya Staab has one of the prettiest blogs you will ever see. She has delicious recipes to drool over, beautiful hand-made crafts to ogle over, and photography that will leave you breathless. When meeting Tonya in person, she is as genuine and friendly in real life as she is on her blog. Originally from Australia, Tonya has made her home in Southern California with her Marine husband and three kids.
5. Spa Bettie: I know what you’re thinking. You all know about my wiener dog obsession, so think I like Spa Bettie because she’s got a doxie on her homepage. Kristina and I do share a fascination with wiener dogs, but I love Spa Bettie for her delicious recipes, her eye-candy food photography, and Basil. (Okay, fine. Basil is her doxie, but come on…he’s adorable!) Kristina is sweet, funny, and has an eye (and tastebuds) for putting together unique gourmet vegan and gluten-free ingredients. Believe me, you will love Kristina (and Basil) too!
6. Champagne Living: Zippy is who I want to be when I grow up. She lives and writes about the glamorous life: traveling to Paris, jetting off to Park City for Sundance Film Festival, and all the movie premieres. I love reading her blog, but even more, I love Zippy as a person. She is smart, funny, glamorous and a true sweetheart. She is a “big blogger” who doesn’t act “big”. She is personable, caring, and she makes chic look simple. When Zippy recommends a product, you know its going to be great; she’s got great suggestions and great taste….of course she does…she’s living the champagne life!
Latest posts by Julie Cohn (see all)
- Win Duncan Hines Perfect Size Cake Mix, Perfect for Life’s Little Celebrations - 10/05/2015
- How to Get Rid of Ghost Spam in Google Analytics - 10/01/2015
- Do You Have Ghost (Spam) In Your Google Analytics? - 09/29/2015
- Butterscotch Apple Martini - 09/28/2015