These Bacon Wrapped Asparagus make a great appetizer when you are short on time, but want something delish!
- 1/2 pound Bacon (Applewood smoked has the best flavor)
- 1 lb. Fresh Asparagus
- Olive Oil (In spritzer or spray bottle if you have it.)
- Salt and Pepper
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place a piece of aluminum foil on a baking sheet. Wash the asparagus, and trim the woody end off, leaving 3/4 of the asparagus.
Spray the aluminum foil with olive oil (I use a spritzer as shown below). Roll the asparagus pieces in the olive oil to coat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Take each slice of bacon and cut in half. Wrap the bacon around the asparagus and secure with toothpick.
Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake 12-15 minutes, until the bacon is crisp. Make certain not to cook too long or the asparagus gets a little wrinkled. (Note my photo above. I should have taken out the pan 2-3 minutes sooner. They still tasted great, but did not look as pretty.)
Latest posts by Julie Cohn (see all)
- Our First Visit to Disneyland in 2002 #60Daysto60Years - 07/03/2015
- Talenti Gelato Summer Flavors - 07/02/2015
- Strawberry Blueberry Clafoutis - 07/01/2015
- Find Anything With The Tile App - 06/24/2015