My son and I have been to Disneyland over sixty times, and have learned a few secrets along the way. Here are our 25 Top Secret Tips For Disneyland when we come to Disneyland, and hope you will use them too, to make your Disneyland trip the best ever!
1. The front row of Space Mountain is the most exciting.
2. The back row of the boats on Pirates of the Caribbean are the most fun (and wettest).
3. The right lane is faster loading on Pirates of the Caribbean.
4. Use fast passes every chance you can get to avoid long lines.
5. The left lane is faster loading for Jungle Cruise.
6. Ask one of the Monorail conductors is you can sit in the front or back of the monorail. The front can seat 3-4 people; the back up to six.
7. The line for Dole Whips is shorter when you go inside the Tiki Room waiting area.
8. You can take Dole Whips inside the Tiki Room!
9. Go on Autopia while everyone else is at the fireworks. The lines are shorter and you can see the fireworks while you drive!
10. Bring plastic baggies to put your phone and camera in while going on wet rides.
11. Disneyland Park and California Adventure’s fast pass system are not connected, so you can get passes in one park, then jump over to the other park to get another fast pass.
12. On hot summer days, make sure you stop into the Hyperion Theater in California Adventure for Aladdin. The theater is air-conditioned and your family will love the fun Broadway-style musical show!
13. If your kids need to let off some steam, visit either the Redwood Challenge (California Adventure) or Tom Sawyer’s Island (Disneyland), where they can run, crawl, and climb.
14. The room above the firehouse is Walt Disney’s apartment. The light stays lit to honor him, except when his daughters are in the park.
15. In the second room of Buzz Lightyear, where Emperor Zurg swings his cape, there is a small Z on his chest worth 50,000 points. You have to hit it just right though!
16. For a quick lunch, grab a kebab at Bengal Barbeque.
17. The purple teacup on the Mad Hatter Teacup ride is the fastest.
18. Rub the golden apple inside Snow White’s Scary Adventure for a spooky surprise. Also look at the outside window above Snow White’s Scary Adventure to see who peeks out every now and then.
19. As you go through the Indiana Jones line, you will come to a large room with scaffolding. In the center of that room is a well with a sign that says “Caution: Do not Pull Rope!”–pull it and see what happens!
20. You can get a “death certificate” on the Haunted Mansion ride if you ask nicely when you enter the ride.
21. You can ask for a secret map at the end of the Jungle Cruise ride.
22. There is a secret seat for two on the train! Go to the Main Street station and ask the conductor if you can have a “tender seat”.
23. Ask you ride the Mark Twain Steamboat, ask if you can pilot the boat. If the conductor lets you, you can steer the wheel and toot the horn.
24. Book a outside table for dinner at The Carnation Cafe for around 6pm and you can watch the parade while you eat.
25. You can be part of the act for the first Laughing Stock Co. show in front of the Golden Horseshow Saloon in Frontierland. The actors pick three audience members to be part of their very funny “bachelor” show.
Latest posts by Julie Cohn (see all)
- My REACH® Complete Care™ Products Clean Routine - 08/01/2015
- Five Must-Do Restaurants in Monterey’s Cannery Row - 07/31/2015
- Win A Family 4 Pack of Tickets to Big Surf Waterpark - 07/25/2015
- The Best Western Plus Victorian Inn, Monterey - 07/21/2015