I was sitting here this morning, quietly enjoying my morning coffee and yogurt, thinking about my day, when it hit me. I have free movie tickets....I have free movie tickets!!
Remember my shopping trip to Safeway last week, for National Dairy Month, as well as my delectable recipe for Creamy Chicken En Croute? All those groceries earned me two free tickets to see Ice Age:Continental Drift, (or any other movie I'd like to see.)
Let's think about this for a moment....I go to Safeway, buy cheese, sour cream, orange juice, and other dairy products that I normally purchase, and I get free movie tickets?
I give my family the calcium, Vitamin D, Vitamin C, Protein, and other healthy goodies they need, and I get free movie tickets?
I make gourmet meals for my family, using Safeway's dairy products, and I get free movie tickets?
Hmmm. Do I have to share the tickets with my family? We love going to the movies together as a family, but think about this for a moment (yes, we are doing a lot of thinking together today, aren't we?) My family is already benefiting so much from my (and by my, I mean Safeway's) awesomeness. So...maybe I'd like to go to use the tickets for myself. Maybe take a friend or two. Or maybe I'll be nice, and take my son. Whatever. The tickets are mine..ALL MINE!
Ahem. Once I recovered from my little power trip, I decided to get online and get those "golden" tickets. First, I went to the website indicated on my ticket voucher. Easy enough. I clicked on the store where I purchased my goodies, then filled out the form with my information, as well as the voucher code.
A screen popped up, showing me the participating theaters near me. I picked one. Then another screen popped up, where I answered some questions.
"Poof", my tickets were ready to print!
No, I am not sharing my tickets with you...I already told you they are mine, mwhahaha! Go get your own!
I'm sorry...that was so rude of me! I know you like to go to the movies too, and would could probably like some free movie tickets. You would probably be all unselfish and all that, and share them with your family too, right? Whatever...I don't need to know. But since I like you, here's what I'm going to do...I'll be nice and throw you a bone, and tell you how to earn some free tickets of your own (so you won't grovel for my tickets). That's just how nice I am!
Come close, and listen carefully to my top secret instructions, because I am not going to repeat them...closer...closer...okay, not that close...you had Thai for lunch, didn't you?
1. Go to Safeway (or a Safeway affiliated store) during the month of June. (I encourage you to go to Safeway other times too, but this promotion is only available during June's National Dairy Month.)
2. Purchase products from the dairy department with these nifty little tags on them. Fortunately, they are all over the place, so they're easy to find. Stuff like Simply Orange, Kraft, Sargento, Fage, Yoplait, and Philadelphia Cream Cheese (which is actually also Kraft.)
3. Once you have purchased $40 worth of dairy products, you will get a ticket voucher printed at check-out. (You don't have to purchase the $40 all at once though, you have the whole month to rack up those dollars....unless you are greedy like me and want more than one voucher....)
4. Go home, visit the website on the ticket, etc. etc. (See above, where I go through the ticket printing process.)
5. Print out your ticket voucher and do a little happy dance. Dream of popcorn, Junior Mints, and Ryan Reynolds. (Sigh)
6. Save your voucher to use when Ice Age: Continental Drift comes out July 13th, or use for any other movie until August 21, 2012. (Make sure your ticket voucher is printed by July 31st though, as the movie codes expire by 7/31/12)
To find out more about Safeway's National Dairy Month promotion, visit their website at http://www.junedairymovies.com/ To find some recipes that use dairy products, visit Easy Home Meals on their website or on Facebook.
Safeway is having a National Dairy Month Twitter party on June 12th from 1-2 ET (that's 11 a.m. for the PT folks) For a chance to learn some dairy recipes, talk summer movies and win a few prizes, please RSVP for the Twitter party here.
Disclaimer: I am a member of the Collective Bias™ Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias™ and Safeway #CBias #SocialFabric but my opinions (and my movie tickets) are 100% my own.