Sep 30, 2010
Beautiful Blogs & A New Award!
Last night I received the Versatile Blogger award from Keri over at Married to a Geek. Thank you Keri! (I found a more readable button.)
Here were my conditions for accepting this award:
1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass the award along to 15 other bloggers who you recently discovered and think are fabulous.
4. Contact the bloggers you choose and let them know they won the award.
First I will share some blogs, and then the facts...enjoy!
15 blogs I Love:
Creative Crate: http://thecreativecrate.blogspot.com/
Stacie has the greatest craft ideas-everyday things that even someone like me, who is “craftaphobic,” can make!
The Greer Five: http://thegreerfive.com/
Brittany is funny, thought-provoking, and a great writer. She is also a local girl like me, and has some awesome giveaways!
Too Much to Do, So Little Time: http://toomuchtodosolittletime.com/
A great new lifestyle blog written by Stef.
A hilarious mommy blog by Rachel Briggs.
La Tartine Gourmande: http://www.latartinegourmande.com/
Caution: This blog will want to make you eat your computer screen—do not do it! Do enjoy her lovely food photography and delicious recipes!
Cannelle et Vanille: http://www.cannelle-vanille.blogspot.com/
A French woman, living in the United States, sharing French recipes. Heaven!!
Muffin Top Mommy: http://muffintopmommy.com/
Muffin Top Mommy is one of the funniest blogs you will ever read. Janet has an aversion to crock pots, and seriously… this post has to be one of the most hilarous I have ever read!
Scottsdale Mom Blog: http://www.scottsdalemomsblog.com/
Great mom site for everything local, and these gals really seem to know how to throw a party!
Coconut and Lime: http://coconutlime.blogspot.com/
I love, love, love the recipes that Rachel shares here!
Momma’s Losin It: http://www.mamakatslosinit.com/
If you are a writer and want to improve your craft, this is the place to find great writing prompts, chat with other writers, and read Kat’s own writing.
Scary Mommy: http://www.scarymommy.com/
Sometimes a little foul mouthed, but always scary—scary funny that is!
La Fuji Momma: http://www.lafujimama.com/
She was one of the speakers at a camp Blogaway conference I recently attended, and I love her recipes!
Sweet Cottage Dreams: http://sweetcottagedreams.blogspot.com/
In my dreams I’d like to someday own a shabby chic cottage (in CA), and if I do, I want Becky to come decorate for me. If she does, she has to bring her adorable little doggies to visit with Freckles!
Created By Diane: http://createdbydiane.blogspot.com/
I met her at the Camp Blogaway conference, and she made very yummy cookies for the cooking contest. Her blog is adorable, she has great family-friendly recipes!
And of course Keri, over at Married to A Geek http://marriedtoageek.net/ a great Ning community for women who married geeks, and ultimately learn to embrace their own inner geek!
Ok--now seven things you do not know about me...let's see...
1. I used to be a corporate meeting planner/agent, but it was not as glamorous as it sounds. I got to travel all the time, but it was long hours, and lots and lots of stress. And yet...sometimes I really miss it!
2. The older I get, the more I dislike flying. I still get on a plane, but I do not like it one bit. I think all the lousy airline customer service, charges for luggage, and lack of peanuts make things worse. When I used to travel for work, I frequently flew first or business class, which made flying very nice, but now I am just a coach traveler and feel like part of the herd of cattle. I am flying again tomorrow, so wish me luck!
3. I really, really miss being in a band. I was in a band the summer of my junior year in college, and loved it, but had intense stage fright. Also, I was the only girl (21 yrs old) with four male bandmates 20-25 years older, which was alittle odd. I finally quit, but regret not trying to find another band. Now I am too old for stage fright and just want to sing. Maybe I'll start one called "Old Geezer Gal." That has a nice ring to it, doesn't it?
4. Although I mostly cook homemade, I have a secret love for ramen noodles. Sometimes I make them for lunch when I am alone. They are so full of sodium, but I love the taste!
5. I am starting a major re-decorating project for my sons room, which will include faux painting. (Watch for updates!) I have to have the room completed by October 22nd, when my father-in-law comes to visit. Oh, and did I mention I was going out of town for a week?
6. I have become obsessed with the show Criminal Minds, which comes on ION television every night. I watch it while I am working on the blog.
7. I am planning a fun haunted carnival theme for my pre-teen son's halloween party. I have a bunch of fun games, food, and activities planned. (Updates to come!)
Thank you again Keri!
PS: I am working on a new blog design, which hopefully will be live next week. If you see wierd things happening on the blog, bear with me until I get everything right. Thanks!
Love and kisses,